<$BlogRSDURL$>

the pseudonymous exploits of wombat boy

Friday, December 31, 2004

Not as bad at whiteboard coding as I made out 

I should probably mention that I did in fact get offered the job where the interview involved coding on a whiteboard, and I took the job. I've been there over 4 months now and it is so much better than my last job working for a large evil company.

Although I find coding like that painful, I'm actually no worse at it than everyone else. I still wish programming interviews involved using an actual computer for coding, and ideally would involve the interviewer saying "I'm going to leave you alone for 20 minutes - see how much you can have working by the time I get back". Of course the danger would be that people would cheat like bandits while the interviewer was out of the room.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?